Monday, June 20, 2011

The Three Stooges

My house is a litte....crazy these days. In 2007 I had the pleasure of getting my first dog, Leila, a Labrador Retriever. She was a gift to me and as they say, free is never really free. You look at this face and think, "Oh, that adorable puppy! I bet she is so sweet!"


And I would respond, "Errrhhh, think again!" This cute adorable puppy was a pain in my rear for the first 3 years of her life. Here, let me count the ways:

1. Attacking mommy while getting a picture taken.


2. Chewing bowls.


3. This picture looks super cute, but she is actually attacking my leg.


2. Ripping apart every paper product she could get her hands on to.


4. Chewing up shoes (notice the chewing trend...it goes along with the puppy territory)


5. Attacking friends.


6. Running around the house like a crazy lady.


7. Digging in the garden.


And then my terror of a puppy finally became an adult. Although I really do think that a piece of the "puppy crazies" festers in a dog's soul just waiting for the right time to re-emerge ;) My terror puppy became a beautiful, well-behaved (ok, well not all the time) girl:


That was when I felt it was time to get another puppy. Yes, I said it, start all over again with every glorious puppy stage. First came Gunnar:


Then came Cooper:



Just call me a glutton for punishment :)

3 comments:

MsBittyKnacks said...

They are adorable! I'm a dog lover myself and hava gone through all the crazyness. I got 2 schnauzers. Check them out at
http://msbittyknacks.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I love this blog post! It's wonderful. Thanks for sharing. I could go through the puppy stage thousands of times. Their smell is enough to melt my heart.

Arizona Girls said...

They are gorgeous! I know those puppy stages well! Of course some are worse than others and also cats! =) Seen your post on the Etsy Success team =) Also a new GFC follower! Will go follow on Facebook too =)

Arizona Girls Face Book
Arizona Girls blog

Post a Comment